BC328 Bipolar Transistor
Characteristics of the BC328 bipolar transistor
- Type – PNP
- Collector-Emitter Voltage: -25 V
- Collector-Base Voltage: -30 V
- Emitter-Base Voltage: -5 V
- Collector Current: -0.8 A
- Collector Dissipation – 0.625 W
- DC Current Gain (hfe) – 100 to 630
- Transition Frequency – 100 MHz
- Operating and Storage Junction Temperature Range -55 to +150 °C
- Package – TO-92
Pin configuration (Pinout) of the BC328
The BC328 is manufactured in a plastic TO-92 case. When looking at the flat side with the leads pointed downward, the three leads emerging from the transistor are, from left to right, the collector, base, and emitter leads.
Here is an image showing the pin diagram of the this transistor.
Classification of hFE
The BC328 transistor might have a current gain anywhere between 100 and 630. The gain of the BC328-16 will be in the range from 100 to 250, BC328-25 ranges from 160 to 400, BC328-40 ranges from 250 to 630.
Complementary NPN transistor
The complementary NPN transistor to the BC328 is the BC338.
The SMD versions of the BC328 are available as the BC808 (SOT-23) and BC808W (SOT-323).
Replacement and equivalent transistor for the BC328
You can replace the BC328 with the BC327