BC337 Bipolar Transistor
Characteristics of the BC337 bipolar transistor
- Type – NPN
- Collector-Emitter Voltage: 45 V
- Collector-Base Voltage: 50 V
- Emitter-Base Voltage: 5 V
- Collector Current: 0.8 A
- Collector Dissipation – 0.625 W
- DC Current Gain (hfe) – 100 to 630
- Transition Frequency – 100 MHz
- Operating and Storage Junction Temperature Range -55 to +150 °C
- Package – TO-92
Pin configuration (Pinout) of the BC337
The BC337 is manufactured in a plastic TO-92 case. When looking at the flat side with the leads pointed downward, the three leads emerging from the transistor are, from left to right, the collector, base, and emitter leads.
Here is an image showing the pin diagram of the this transistor.
Classification of hFE
The BC337 transistor might have a current gain anywhere between 100 and 630. The gain of the BC337-16 will be in the range from 100 to 250, BC337-25 ranges from 160 to 400, BC337-40 ranges from 250 to 630.
Complementary PNP transistor
The complementary PNP transistor to the BC337 is the BC327.
The SMD versions of the BC337 are available as the 2SC3912 (SOT-23), 2SC3913 (SOT-23), 2SC3914 (SOT-23), 2SC3915(SOT-23), BC817 (SOT-23), BC817W (SOT-323) and BCX19 (SOT-23).