BC546 Bipolar Transistor
Characteristics of the BC546 bipolar transistor
- Type – NPN
- Collector-Emitter Voltage: 65 V
- Collector-Base Voltage: 80 V
- Emitter-Base Voltage: 6 V
- Collector Current: 0.1 A
- Collector Dissipation – 0.5 W
- DC Current Gain (hfe) – 110 to 800
- Transition Frequency – 150 MHz
- Noise Figure – 2 dB
- Operating and Storage Junction Temperature Range -65 to +150 °C
- Package – TO-92
Pin configuration (Pinout) of the BC546
The BC546 is manufactured in a plastic TO-92 case. When looking at the flat side with the leads pointed downward, the three leads emerging from the transistor are, from left to right, the collector, base, and emitter leads.
Here is an image showing the pin diagram of the this transistor.
Classification of hFE
The BC546 transistor might have a current gain anywhere between 110 and 800. The gain of the BC546A will be in the range from 110 to 220, BC546B ranges from 200 to 450, BC546C ranges from 420 to 800.
Complementary PNP transistor
The complementary PNP transistor to the BC546 is the BC556.
The SMD versions of the BC546 are available as the BC846 (SOT-23) and BC846W (SOT-323).