BC558 Bipolar Transistor
Characteristics of the BC558 bipolar transistor
- Type – PNP
- Collector-Emitter Voltage: -30 V
- Collector-Base Voltage: -30 V
- Emitter-Base Voltage: -5 V
- Collector Current: -0.1 A
- Collector Dissipation – 0.5 W
- DC Current Gain (hfe) – 110 to 800
- Transition Frequency – 150 MHz
- Noise Figure – 2 dB
- Operating and Storage Junction Temperature Range -65 to +150 °C
- Package – TO-92
Pin configuration (Pinout) of the BC558
The BC558 is manufactured in a plastic TO-92 case. When looking at the flat side with the leads pointed downward, the three leads emerging from the transistor are, from left to right, the collector, base, and emitter leads.
Here is an image showing the pin diagram of the this transistor.
Classification of hFE
The BC558 transistor might have a current gain anywhere between 110 and 800. The gain of the BC558A will be in the range from 110 to 220, BC558B ranges from 200 to 450, BC558C ranges from 420 to 800.
Complementary NPN transistor
The complementary NPN transistor to the BC558 is the BC548.
The SMD versions of the BC558 are available as the BC858 (SOT-23), BC858W (SOT-323), BC859 (SOT-23) and BC859W(SOT-323).
Replacement and equivalent transistor for the BC558
You can replace the BC558 with the BC557, BC559 or BC560